Uncontested Divorce Lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga
Learn About Uncontested Divorce in California
An uncontested divorce is when both spouses agree that divorce is the best option and reasonably divide their assets and debts. An uncontested divorce can become a problem when incorrect or incomplete paperwork is filed, an agreement on custody terms cannot be reached, or one spouse realizes partway through the process that the division of property and liability is not fair. It is always best to have an experienced Rancho Cucamonga divorce attorney by your side to ensure that you are not entering into a dissolution that negatively impacts your best interests.
Call the Law Office of Gary S. Austin at (951) 363-2525 for a free, confidential review of your uncontested divorce proceedings.
What You Need to Qualify for an Uncontested Divorce
There are certain parameters that must be met when filing an uncontested divorce in California.
These parameters include:
- At least one spouse must have resided for at least six months in California at the time of the filing
- Before filing, the filing spouse must have been a resident for at least 90 days of their county
- An Uncontested Petition for Divorce must be served by a private process server or a police officer
- The filing spouse can petition for default if the served spouse does not respond within 30 days
- A declaration of finances must be filed by at least one spouse
- A declaration under the Uniform Child Support Jurisdiction Enforcement Act must be filed if there are children involved
- Obtain a date for a hearing, which normally occurs after the end of the initial 30-day summons period
- Present a final agreement to the court that is fair, takes care of any issues and provides for child support that falls within state guidelines
Gary Austin Has Your Best Interests in Mind
California judges will not grant an uncontested divorce that is one-sided as California is a community property state and all assets and liabilities should be divided equally. My guidance as a veteran Rancho Cucamonga divorce lawyer will ensure that you comply with all state regulations and guidelines and that both you and your spouse walk away in agreeable terms.
Contact the Law Office of Gary S. Austin at (951) 363-2525 for more information on how you can benefit from securing experienced legal counsel.